What is the GAPA Foundation Community Grant?
The Gay Asian Pacific Alliance (GAPA) Foundation Community Grants were initially established to provide funding for projects that had the potential to positively impact the Asian and Pacific Islander (API) and/or lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) community. The purpose of the GAPA Foundation Community Grants is to provide core funding to under-resourced and/or underrepresented local community organizations and projects.
How much is the GAPA Community Grant?
The GAPA Foundation Community Grant may provide funding up to $5000. Multiple grants are provided each calendar year.
What are the minimum eligibility requirements for this community grant?
- Your project or organization must have tax-exempt 501(c)(3) status,
- Alternatively, you may use a fiscal sponsor who has tax-exempt 501(c)(3) status.
- We cannot accept applicants who do not have either of the two requirements listed above.
III. Application Information
How do I apply?
Applications for this grant cycle are now closed. Please check again next year.
- Eligible applicants must complete an application form and submit an itemized budget (see example of itemized budget here).
- Eligible applicants are encouraged to apply online (the link will be available once applications are open).
When is the deadline? And is there anything else I should know about the application process?
- GAPA Foundation Community Grant deadline is June 30, 2017, 11:59:59 PM PST.
- If additional evaluation of applicants is necessary to determine final recipients, the grant committee may require a follow-up questionnaire or interview.
- We will notify all candidates the status of their application via email by early September.
What does the process look like if I’m selected as a grant recipient?
- Awards will be granted directly to recipients/organization.
- Recipient’s name and portions of the recipient’s application may be used for GAPA Foundation’s publications and reports.
- GAPA Foundation requires final selected grant recipients to attend the award ceremony at our Community Connections Event in San Francisco. However, submission of video testimonial may be used in lieu to present at the event. The date is to be determined and will be announced to candidates ahead of time.
What kinds of projects and organizations does GAPA Foundation typically fund?
Any project that has the potential to make a strong and positive impact in the API LGBTQ community is considered. You can click here to learn more about our previous awarded projects/organizations.
Where do I go if I have more questions?
Please check to see if your question(s) has been answered on this FAQ. We will do our best to keep this page updated with any new information.
If you have any remaining questions, please contact us at email@example.com.